Sangeeta Bhansali founded Kahani Tree, an independent children’s book store in Mumbai dedicated to raising readers and developing a lifelong love for books.
Sangeeta is director at Vakils, a printing and publishing company in Mumbai. In 2006, she set up Kahani Tree to showcase and promote children’s books by Indian publishers. From a wall in the Vakils office, Kahani Tree expanded to a store-space that carries a curated range of diverse and multicultural books including international and award-winning titles.
Sangeeta breathes and dreams picture books. She believes that the best gift one can give children is a love for reading.
- Nani’s Walk to the Park by Deepa Balsavar
- Maccher Jol by Richa Jha
- The Rumour by Anushka Ravishankar
- Dance of the Wild by Richa Jha
- Real Neighbours by Madhuri Purandare Jyotsna Prakashan
- Who will be Ningthou? by Indira Mukherjee
- Ismat’s Eid by Fawzia Gilani-Williams
- Dada’s Useless Present by Nalini Sorensen
- The Princess with Longest Hair by Komilla Raote
- The Mountain that Loved the Bird by Alice McLerran
- The Journey Trilogoy (Journey, Quest, and Return) by Aaron Becker
- The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
- The Heart and the Bottle by Oliver Jeffers
- Di Iz Tak by Carson Ellis
- Town is by the Sea by Joanne F. Schwartz
- The Wolf, Duck and the Mouse by Mac Barnett
- There is a Tribe of Kids by Lane Smith
- The Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- My Heart by Corinna Luyken